Can I receive Personal Care Services during the evenings or on the weekends?

Yes, you can receive Personal Care Services during the evenings or on the weekends if those are the days and times identified as needs by your Person-Centered Support Plan team.

How are my Personal Care Services hours scheduled?

Your Person-Centered Support Plan team will work with you and your family to identify the days and times that Personal Care Services are needed. A schedule will be developed so that you and your family may plan accordingly.

Who is eligible for Personal Care Services?

Adult or minor individuals who live in their family home are eligible to receive Personal Care Services as long as the need for the service is defined in the individual’s Person-Centered Support Plan. To learn more about eligibility for Personal Care Services, contact Gretchen Andrews at 620.429.1212 or 800.479.0259 (toll free).

How will Personal Care services benefit me or my loved one?

Personal Care services, or PCS, are one-on-one supports provided to an individual (child or adult) who lives in their family home. Personal Care services are intended to provide relief for the family and allow the individual to continue to reside in the home. Staff assistance is based on the needs identified in the individual’s Person-Centered Support Plan, but can include assistance in the activities of daily living, medications, accessing medical care, meal planning and preparation, and recreation and leisure activities.

Are any in-home services available to people who receive Shared Living services?

Shared Living Providers are responsible for finding persons to care for the hosted individual in the absence of the family. Anyone who provides care for the hosted individual must pass all required background checks before caring for the hosted individual. If a Shared Living Provider needs assistance in caring for the hosted individual, the Shared Living Provider is responsible for paying that caretaker out of the daily rate received for providing the Shared Living service. If you need assistance with this process, or have concerns about any behavioral issues, contact Chris Dial at 620.231.3131 or 800.479.0259 (toll free).

Page 1 of 9